Russian chicken

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Tue Mar 12 10:56:43 PST 2002

I understand that it's crap,(at least I do now) I just don't understand how it's cheaper. Even our underpaid chicken plant workers would make a lot more that Iranians, I would think. pms

If I had to guess, it is just a matter that the US probably produces more chicken than we can possibly consume, so technically the cost to ship the excess could be seen as income, in some twisted neoliberal accounting, since it keeps prices from crashing here.

Nevermind we could probably feed, cloth and house every poor person in the US for free---we could do that, but it wouldn't be right.

Chuck Grimes