help with a WSJ link

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Tue Mar 12 11:03:37 PST 2002

Wow. This is bad even by WSJ ed-op standards, ain't it? And very scary. Speaking of scary:

Authentic Hero Slain at Last, Mourned by Authentic Moron Jeane J. Kirkpatrick, Reagan's United Nations representative: "Linguist, philosopher, poet, politician, warrior, Jonas Savimbi has admirers the world over, and I have long been one of them. He is one of the authentic heroes of our time."

Professor Gerald J. Bender on the late philosopher-poet who plunged Angola into 27 years of civil war: "When the first Unita rep in Washington went back home, Savimbi killed him. The second guy was put under house arrest, and was later killed in a suspicious shootout. Savimbi personally beat another of his representatives, Tito Chingunji, and his wife and children to death with rifle butts." (New York Times, March 3, 2002) ---------------

And to Think That All This Time We Thought It Was Rehnquist! "I do think, Mrs. Bush, that there was some divine guidance in the President being elected. I do." (Mayor Rudy Giuliani on the Tim Russert show

They Say a Garlic Necklace Works Pretty Good, Too . . . George W. Bush to Labor Department employees on October 4, 2001: "We need to counter the shock wave of the evildoer by having individual rate cuts accelerated and by thinking about tax rebates." (White House transcript)

http://www.badattitudes.com/Absurd.html

>Any background on this Mark Levin?

He's quite often on Hannity & Colmes, where he throws around phrases like "the Red Chinese" as if it were 1962. He is also a pal of, and radio fill-in for, both Rush Limbaugh and Ollie North. Further, he served as Ed Meese's Chief of Staff. He's also got the third largest forehead in the world, just behind Michael Berryman (from The Hills Have Eyes) and Christopher Byron. The url below links to a Howard Kurtz piece that'll give you a taste of the man:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/salon0 42498.htm