Inadequate' US troops pulled out of battleground

Cian O'Connor cian_oconnor at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 12 11:41:42 PST 2002

--- pms <laflame at aaahawk.com> wrote:

> How terribly convenient for the Snoop-Wardogs. The
> early claim to victory
> seemed to me to mean to proclaim a complete
> disinterest in victory.
>
> As always, haunted by the Too Stupid To Be True
> doctrine.

Presumably people have seen this bit of propoghanda from the NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/12/international/asia/12AFGH.html

Lots of choice quotes, but my favourite is:

"I think they're wimps," said Private Murphy, seated on his bunk in Bagram's rapidly growing city of American Army tents. "They come out of the caves for a split second, hit you as hard as they can and then run back in. What kind of fighting is that?"