Ace on The Jews

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Tue Mar 12 19:53:56 PST 2002

mbs:
>At the risk of piling on, let me just advise the untutored
>that the expression "The Jews"* doing ANYTHING is prima facie
>anti-semitic. It is impossible for "the Jews" to do anything,
>besides be jewish. If every last media magnate was jewish, it
>would still not follow that "the Jews" controlled the media.
>Jews are not a corporation.

Yes, I thought that last paragraph of Cockburn's was odd. Like how it was odd for that Polish-American group leader to falsely say Rahm Emanuel was an Israeli citizen and had been in the Israeli army.

I caught Hitchens on a morning CSPAN call-in show not too long ago and he was talking about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict when a caller asked about "the Jews" and the media in a subtle, sinister way and Hitchens did a great job of making the point you're making.

You would think Cockburn would know better. Maybe he's just seeing what sort of a reaction he'd get, for whatever reason. Even that would be strange.

Peter