all that glitters

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Tue Mar 12 20:13:43 PST 2002

Sorry, it wasn't my intention to forward that (excerpt from the Wired article on e-gold) to the entire list.

Although it does mention Chiapas and the Zapatistas, which is kind of interesting...

--

/ dave /

Gotcha..

When I read this stuff I put it into my "shunning the dollar" watch-list.
>From Saddamn wanting to be paid in euros and Chavez pricing oil on some
euro/dollar basis, to Russia and China supposedly encouraging their people to save in gold(I think the Chinese had to change the law to allow this), to the talk of a Gulf states currency, which I had heard about without the reference to gold. And of course the euro itself. If US wasn't such an ass-hole govt, would the EU ever have been able to find a reason to overcome the obstacles?

But then I remember that US corps were complaining about the dollar being too strong and hurting their profits, way before the "slowdown" and I wonder how the US could get the dollar to fall, if that's what they wanted to do. Maybe piss every other country off and scare 'em by acting totally insane? Send out Dr. Strangedick, the Enforcer to insult and threaten them?