So Long Saddam

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 21:30:38 PST 2002

--- Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net> wrote:

> Well, any overthrow of Saddam is gonna come at the
> end of a US rifle, like
> it or not. While I would much prefer to see Iraqis
> of all stripes run
> Saddam's sorry ass into the Hague and establish a
> mulit-cultural democracy
> in his wake, I'm afraid it ain't gonna happen that
> way.

I am afraid that you are correct on this matter. So do you feel the Left is wasting its time concentrating on anti-war movements in this instance when there is not a strong enough popular movement in the country to successfully counter Sadam or, for that matter, the US? That the Left should save its strength for other battles...choose its fights???? I am not asking this in a snide way. I really want to know what you think.

-Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx