Stupid Petition

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 21:47:26 PST 2002

Heh, heh, heh....

http://www.petitiononline.com/raingate/petition.html

To: Bill Gates, Microsoft Mr. Gates,

We admire your philanthropy and all that you have done for the world so far. We would like to invite you to make the ultimate move to save the world: buy all of the rainforests to preserve them for our descendants, and so that we may continue to breathe for years to come.

The rainforests of the world are disappearing at an alarming rate. If deforestation continues at its present rate, South America will be a desert by the 2040's. However, you can save us. You can buy the rainforests and turn them into protected land, full of happy monkeys, rainbow-colored parrots, and majestic trees filling our air with clean, pure oxygen.

We estimate that, according to the figures on the Rainforest Action Network's website (http://www.ran.org) that you could buy all of the rainforests in Bolivia, Brazil, Central America, Colombia, Congo, Ecuador, Indonesia, Cote D'Ivoire, Laos, Madagascar, Mexico, Nigeria, the Philippines, and Thailand for $28,891,561,120, assuming an average price of $40 per acre. If that is too much money, you could opt to save the rainforests in South America only, or you could ask your friends to help out.

Thank you for taking the time to consider our plea.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 Buffalo Activist Network http://www.buffaloactivist.net