Ace on The Jews

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 13 09:02:55 PST 2002

Seth Ackerman wrote:

>Sure, I see what you mean. The whole subject is so vexed. In Cocky's case, I
>don't suspect any real anti-semitism. He likes to break taboos and maybe he
>failed to cultivate the right tone for this one. On the other hand, his
>stuff about Jews and the media is just weird. He got some of it from Jude
>Wanniski, though. How do you like that, Doug, you Jude-lover?

Gave me the creeps. I didn't circualte that effort - in fact, I didn't finish reading it.

>But Ace was at least aiming in a vague way to make a point that deserves to
>be made.

But it has to be made very carefully, or you end up discrediting the point entirely. And to talk about Israel's influence on U.S. policy without talking about Israel's usefulness to the U.S. is seriously wrong. And coming from someone who understands language and ideology as well as AC does, it's hard to blame vagueness or infelicity.

Doug