EPA $, was help with a WSJ link

Jlcranford at aol.com Jlcranford at aol.com
Wed Mar 13 09:44:31 PST 2002

<<What do you suppose that $99mil to AARP was all about?>>

Folks probably know this already, but most government agencies, EPA included, give large grants to AARP to hire their retirees to perform government "administrivia." It's basically a way for government agencies to have more "staff" than their personnel ceilings allow, and to give retirees first shot at some pretty unglamorous positions.

<<The family has Champus(?)>> CHAMPUS = Civilian Health and Medical Program for the Uniformed Services. CHAMPUS gives a cost-sharing arrangement for in-patient and out-patient medical care from civilian hospitals and doctors when care is not available through a military hospital or clinic.