So long Saddam

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Mar 13 13:53:02 PST 2002

I think the American Left is big enough to tackle these issues, if we ignore the naysayers in our midst who don't see the big picture.

We can stop the U.S. invasion of Iraq. What we need is more civil disorder on American streets. Perhaps a few good symbolic demos like A20, but we need to be organizing resistance in the U.S. that forces the American government to reconsider their options. It would also make sense to network with similar resisters in othe countries.

The U.S. thinks it can fight the world and win. Let's show them otherwise.

<< Chuck0 >>

Usually I would say right on. But I think the US and the Bush administration in particular needs to get its ass kicked, big time---so they get a view of the big picture. What that means is a massive military stalemate, turning slowly into quagmire and ultimately defeat. Taking on Iraq while Afghanistan is still an open battle ground, might be just the ticket.

This whole scene is a nightmare. So let's roll---on into the abyss.

Chuck Grimes