EPA $, was help with a WSJ link

SergioL652 at aol.com SergioL652 at aol.com
Wed Mar 13 17:21:39 PST 2002

I actually work in EPA. I am not sure about the AARP, but we have a program called SEEP, Senior Environmental Employee Program. It is contracted out to somebody, I am not sure who, who pays the salaries of retired environmental professionals like chemists, geologists, engineers, who are very experienced and already drawing a pension so will work for very little money. EPA gets experience people that don't count as employees, and the employees get to do interesting work for peanuts. EPA has been under a very strict employment ceiling imposed by the Repugs and Clinton, so we cannot hire a lot of people.

I started working there a year ago after 22 years with the COE (Boo, hiss) and everybody that I work with has been in the Agency for at least 15 years. I am the first new person in my office about 10 years.

"I believe in the Church of Baseball"

Annie Savoy,

Bull Durham (1988)