Vegans kill animals too

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 10:32:10 PST 2002

--- Kelley <kwalker2 at gte.net> wrote:

> oh, please, flatez moi, i really don't give a rat's
> ass about the perpetual
> war between the left and right coasts. there's a
> world out there in the
> middle and both sides seem to think the rest of us
> are a bunch of inbreds.

Did Jeffrey make any such accusation? I guess his point was that being concerned about animal rights, etc, does not imply that one is less concerned about workers' rights.

To comment on your point though,you are right..."the rest" are not inbreds. There are just as many smart people, dumb people, good people, bad people as anywhere. Here in California, I am sometimes amazed at how little some people know about anything. At least in the "hicktown" where I grew up, even the people who did not have much booklearning were knowledgable about very practical matters. However, (and I must remind you that I grew up in West Virginia) I think it would be an error to think that all places in the country are culturally equal. Growing up I had access to a really crappy library and that was it. That wasn's my fault, nor that of the people there. That said, I am sorry but the County Arts and Fair festival aint no Guggenheim Museum.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx