Jesus Christ's body found in Kashmir

Brad DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 14 10:57:53 PST 2002

>Ian Murray wrote:
>
>>Aren't there sects that believe Jesus went to India and learned
>>eastern mysticism, ethics etc.?
>
>Even more wackily, there are sects that believe he was born of a
>virgin, turned water into wine, rose from the dead, and ascended
>bodily into heaven!
>
>Doug

You left out the part about the perpetual virginity of Maryam Theotokos... which must have made life very frustrating indeed for St. Joseph... and raises interesting questions about where James, "the Brother of Our Lord," first bishop of Jerusalem came from...

I keep waiting for the Pope to notice that the doctrine that God-Saves the Anointed was twice-begotten--once by the Holy Spirit upon Mary in the year 1 A.D. and also "eternally begotten" before time began so that there was never a date at which God-Saves the Anointed was not--has very powerful implications now that we actually know that "begetting" entails contributing only half the genome (slightly less than half, actually). Doesn't this mean that Maryam Theotokos must also have been there at the "eternally begotten" part to contribute the other half of the genome? Doesn't this mean that the Virgin Mary is not just the Queen of Heaven but the All-Powerful Mother Goddess who existed before time began co-extensively with YHWH himself? Doesn't this mean that the Trinity must become a Quaternity if the whole Christology derived from the Gospel of John is not to be thrown overboard?

Brad DeLong