Jesus Christ's body found in Kashmir

Brad DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 14 12:04:20 PST 2002

>. . . Doesn't this mean that Maryam
>> Theotokos must also have been there at the "eternally begotten" part
>> to contribute the other half of the genome? Doesn't this mean that
>> the Virgin Mary is not just the Queen of Heaven but the All-Powerful
>> Mother Goddess who existed before time began co-extensively with YHWH
>> himself? Doesn't this mean that the Trinity must become a Quaternity
>> if the whole Christology derived from the Gospel of John is not to be
>> thrown overboard? Brad DeLong
>

>this is much more interesting than that trade deficit thing.
>
>it also seems relevant to report that my daughter watches "Pet Psychic"
>on Animal Planet.
>
>mbs

That the Christian Church may have gotten itself up-to-date as far as Astronomy is concerned, but that it's still running with an Aristotelian concept of biology--that the male plants the (entire) fertilized seed and the female just provides the matrix in which it grows? I mean, "beget" means that you contribute half (sorta) the genome and *only* half the genome, or it means nothing at all...

Brad DeLong