Vegans kill animals too (Sacredness)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 13:43:34 PST 2002

<<We may take the doctrine of the

sanctity of human life to be no more than a way of saying that

human life has some special value, a value quite distinct from the

value of the lives of other living things.>>

Most people probably do intend this when speaking of "sacred". I do not. I mean ALL life is sacred.

That is so, not because a god or gods made it so (as far as I know), but because that is my choice, an attitude towards life that I choose to take.

Of course, this sacred life is blemished with a hierarchy. All pigs are sacred but some pigs are more sacred than others ;) I would kill a carrot before killing a cow, and I would kill most cows before I would kill most human beings.

Thomas

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx