Walzer on the Left

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Mar 14 20:55:38 PST 2002

Jacob Segal wrote:

> I don't understand how someone can write a piece like this and not cite
> specific articles and individuals which is the subject of the criticism.
>
> Jacob Segal

That's essentially my reason for objecting to all criticisms of "The Left." The object of such criticism usually exists only in the fevered imagination of the critic. If only there were a "Left" to criticize.

If these critics would say "All leftists" instead of "The Left" they would be forced to recognize their own fatuity.

Carrol