Charles Curran

Kendall Clark kendall at monkeyfist.com
Fri Mar 15 08:24:25 PST 2002

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 01:16:45PM +0300, ChrisD(RJ) muttered something about:

> Is this the same Charles Curran who got booted out of my alma matter CUA for
> saying that same sex marriages were theologically justifuable in certain
> circumstances?

There's only one Charles Curran, Catholic moral philosopher who does revisionary work on Catholic social teaching, so, yes, almost certainly the same one.

Though I don't know what "CUA" is, I know he had a tenure appointment to Auburn pulled (or something, I'm a bit fuzzy on details) because of his views, which landed him at SMU, in a very nice position which he still occupies. He's a very warm person and generous teacher, even though he did score my moral philosophy field exam too low because I took a dissenting view on some technical details re: just war theory. ;>

Best, Kendall Clark