Primakov doctrine

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Fri Mar 15 08:34:00 PST 2002

So, I think that if the Americans get into Iraq in spite the will of the international community, this will be one of the biggest stupidities on their part, and in this case we will simply have to step aside and let the situation develop by its own scenario. Let them realize what fighting feels like, although there will be no quick victory in Iraq -- victory is a rather relative term here -- like in Afghanistan. And a coalition will also be in question. I don't know how European countries will react.

In other words, the price the Americans will have to pay for this will be incomparably higher than the price they paid for Afghanistan. I have big doubts that this will be justified. But I repeat, if they do such a stupid thing, we must not participate in it and we must not go into hysterics because of this.

-Konovalov Alexander Alexandrovich, President of the Strategic Assessments Institute.

Thanks to Chris Dross, for forwarding this. See Nathan? I am not crazy, I must be Russian.

Carl Alexandrovitch Grimkov

ps. Chris, send the rest of this report offlist if you can:

cgrimes at rawbw.com