Walzer on the Left

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 15 09:13:11 PST 2002

Sounds to be of a piece with his studies of just wars. Not surprisingly, only a very few turn out to have been just -- Israel's -- to which we can now add recent outings by the US. His influence is apparent in the awful "What We're Fighting For: A Letter from America," in which "sixty scholars make the moral case for the war on terrorism," and to which he was a signatory. (As a lad, he organized for Eugene McCarthy.) --CGE