Archives

star.matrix at verizon.net star.matrix at verizon.net
Fri Mar 15 10:04:43 PST 2002

We are talking about the fact that they are no longer on Google, except for the posts from 11/.01 on

Marco's hard drive got hosed. While the archives were down, Google couldn't update them. To Google's searchbots, the archives prior to 11/01 do not exist.

The archives do exist, google just doesn't recognize the existence of archives prior to 11/01 yet. In fact, check this out. We bought some sites a month ago. Infowarconc.com, winnshwartau.com. Neither one have been picked up by google's bots yet.

Check it out:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=iso-8859-1&oe=iso-8859-1&q=site%3ainfowarcon.com+interpact

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=iso-8859-1&oe=iso-8859-1&q=site%3awinnschwartau.com+interpact

Both of thesesites exist and my boss's wife has put files on them. But Google doesn't think they exist yet. In order to recognize them, they search by how many sites have linked to the site. They do this with "robots" which search the Internet. They are automated.

Www.winnschwartua.com and www.infowarconc.com these sites exist. They are not on google.

But don't you worry, they will come up again in the future. It will just be a slow process until the bots come back and scan the site and pick up the links.

And, at that point, marco will obscure our email addresses so we don't get spammed and don't have to deal with crap from employers and clients. Yadda.