Pacifica

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Fri Mar 15 13:01:16 PST 2002

Damn it's great to have the network and my local station, KPFT Houston, back again. Yesterday was the second day of the first fund drive since the staion's liberation and we are setting records for fundraising. Without Marc Cooper's or country music's help! Who would have thought it possible!

Now that the less than useless PNN has been ditched in favor of FSRN and the limp NPRish _The World_ has been replaced with Flashpoints out of KPFA, drive time listening is actually a joy again. Last night we had 20 or 25 minute segment with Robert Fisk about developments in the case against the Butcher of Sabra and Shatilla -- it has been years since anything like this has been heard on KPFT except for 2hr on Thurday nights.

And hell, even the music sounds better when it follows three hours of current affairs and politics.

-- no Onan

Undefeated, everybody goes home