Berkeley gulag stories

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Fri Mar 15 14:45:29 PST 2002

Thomas Seay wrote:

> --- Chuck Munson <chuck at tao.ca> wrote:
> > I think you are just talking about the Berkeley
> > attitude in general. The
> > folks at Long Haul do some great stuff and Reclaim
> > the Streets is
> > certainly not "lifestylist."
>
> Yes, Chuck, I realize I was generalizing and there are
> some great things that some Berkleyites do. I said
> this in a response to my email yesterday. However,
> Berkeley does seem to have a particularly high dose of
> PCism,
> just as Marin County has a high dose of
> New-Age/Pop-psychology...there are also wonderful
> people in both places despite this.

I lived in Madison for several years, so I'm acquainted with this smug, PC attitude. Believe it or not, it's much easier to be an anarchist in Washington than it was in Madison.

New Age, like "sewage".

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)