Dicks n' Dough

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Mar 15 14:44:52 PST 2002

budge wrote:

>> >Fuck Scott McNealy, and his crappy OS. Why should I give
>> >shit what he says?
>>
>> Because he's right?
>
>The more I think about this reply, the more it annoys me.

Heavens.

>presume there will be no further whining on this list about
>AG Asscrack as there is nothing to be done about it anyway.

It's an accurate description of reality. You asked why you should give a shit. I didn't say I endorsed it.

It might be interesting & fruitful to have a discussion of "privacy" and its relation to the bourgeois individual, too. What are we trying to hide? Our political opinions? Sexual behaviors? Annual incomes? Why do we want to hide them?

Doug