Myth of a Lifestyle Left, was Re: Vegans kill animals too

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Fri Mar 15 14:52:50 PST 2002

Carl Remick wrote:

> >Broadly speaking, the Left in the U.S. is doing pretty well these days.
> >
> >Remember Seattle?
> >
> ><< Chuck0 >>
>
> Yes, and the Alamo and the Maine also. But for virtually every average
> American, Seattle is as distant in history now as the Peloponnesian Wars --
> as is everything else pre 9/11/01. Perhaps the U.S. left will rise from its
> grave someday, but right now it's dead dead dead.

Whatever, Carl. I think we live in exciting times and I think you have no reason to be so pessimistic.

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)