Dicks n' Dough

sui.generis at myrealbox.com sui.generis at myrealbox.com
Fri Mar 15 16:20:56 PST 2002

At 03:09 PM 3/15/02 -0800, Ian Murray wrote:

> [...]

gee. why didn't you bring that up when justin had a tanty. what's this doug? more evasion of the great bad subjects debate? ha!

seems as if bourgeois ownership has a lot to do with your contradictory positions. feeling a little paternal and ownerly toward the archives? can't even give up our email addresses? you can have my copyrighted text, i don't care, but at least let me control where my e-mail address goes.

the problem with your position is that, as Joe pointed out, you don't even bother to give people full information to act on and make their own decisions. instead, you have an introduction to the list message that doesn't even announce the archive. you could also give clear warning by hacking major's headers to show an archive address, or use a footer that provides a archive address.

by not addressing the easy technological solution, and by ignoring my happy offers to pay for and do the work, you look just slightly neurotic about the whole thing. gee, i wonder why.

kelley