Dicks n' Dough

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 16 15:48:03 PST 2002

>At 02:48 PM 3/16/02 +0000, Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>"I have nothing good to say about American society whatsoever. I
>>just think that the US will be an even nastier nation to live in, and a
>>nation more dangerous to the rest of the world, if it follows in the
>>footsteps of the UK, seeking global salvation through military
>>adventurism."
>>
>>That's not the type of statement that would have burnished my candidacy as
>>a job applicant
>
>iow, you have one thing good to say about American society.
>
>kelley

No, I have nothing good *to say* about American society. I'll keep any positive feelings I might harbor about this place to myself. The gap between what the US is and what it could be as a decent society and inspiration to other nations -- given our wealth and professed principles -- is too huge to waste time singing hallelujah about our puny achievements to date.

Carl