NO ONE WANTS TO GET RID OF THE ARCHIVES

star.matrix at verizon.net star.matrix at verizon.net
Sat Mar 16 08:18:49 PST 2002

> But also, the archive is nice.
>
>Peter K.

for the last time: no one wants to get rid of the archive. we DO want to munge addresses before they hit the archive. we can very conveniently do this right now, since marco's hard drive problems meant that they are no longer cached at google, at least before 11/01

they do this at yahoo and most major mailing list hosts. we're doing it at pulpculture, the list me, ken, jordan, and kirsten run.

in the archives, it would look like this

Peter K <peterk at e...> <sui.generis at m...> budge <budge at e...>

this will also keep us from getting spam. capiche?

it has nothing to do with misplaced sense of importance.

kelley