Dicks n' Dough

Cian O'Connor cian_oconnor at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 16 09:35:39 PST 2002

--- Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com> wrote: >
>From: "Cian O'Connor" <cian_oconnor at yahoo.co.uk>
>
> That's not the type of statement that would have
> burnished my candidacy as a
> job applicant during my recent search for a new
> position as a PR writer.
> But is what I believe, and it's a position I would
> defend vigorously if
> anyone ferreted it out and challenged me on it. I
> guess I'm a sap to put
> any faith at all in the right to free speech, but as
> much as I dislike
> actually existing US democracy, I take democratic
> ideals seriously and am
> willing to exercise my nominal rights even if it's
> foolish to do so. A life
> that consists of nothing but temporization isn't
> worth living, IMO.

I don't mind if someone finds out by doing a search on the LBO archive, I'm just a bit bothered that an extremely casual search on my name (using google) pulls up similar views of my own. I'm not trying to hide what I think - just a bit disturbed that its effectively on a big billboard. I don't have any illusions about privacy - I just want people to have to do a little bit more work before blacklisting me.