Walzer on the Left

Seth Ackerman sia at nyc.rr.com
Sat Mar 16 18:25:21 PST 2002

Luke Weiger:

> Excuse me? If not for foreign aid, *every* winter in Taliban-controlled
> Afghanistan would've been accompanied by famine.

And the delivery of foreign aid is exactly what the US bombing campaign disrupted last winter.

Amazing that you even manage to blame the Taliban for Afghanistan's drought. Let us also recall that before the Taliban, thousands died of hunger because General Aburashid Dostum imposed a food blockade on Kabul. That same Dostum is now being armed by the United States and has recently been anointed deputy minister of defense in the new liberated Afghanistan.

Seth