poll

sui.generis at myrealbox.com sui.generis at myrealbox.com
Sun Mar 17 11:11:48 PST 2002

At 01:33 PM 3/17/02 -0500, Doug Henwood wrote:
>sui.generis at myrealbox.com wrote:
>
>>brave people to vote yes if the damn thing remembers who you are and it's
>>on your server so you can see who was so insubordinate.
>
>Right. I'm keeping a little list. And I'm going to, um, do something with
>it, as soon as I figure out what.
>
>You're kidding, right?
>
>Doug

yes, and you're kidding about the vote. it is idiotic to have the list vote on it. lists cannot be democracies in that way because the members of the community change. you can also pull the plug on it. the vote becomes symbolic of all sorts of irrational things. given that people STILL think that it's about getting rid of archives and don't understand the technology, they're confused. etc. all in all, voting is a dumb idea and i'm not participating it in it except to rig it. why the fuck DO you think there are so many no votes!?

kelley