Regressions and Advances (Was: Re: Walzer on the Left)

Cian cian_oconnor at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 17 13:04:06 PST 2002

--- Miles Jackson <cqmv at pdx.edu> wrote: >

> And in studies where people are exposed to films
> with depictions of
> violence against men, they tend to have more
> aggressive reactions to
> men afterwards.

Yeah, but is this long term, or short term? The study quoted is interesting, but it all it shows is a short term correlation (and with no sense whether this was specifically aimed at woman).

Also you have to take into account that the majority of consumers of porn don't seem very interested in the violent stuff. The more important question would seem to be what affect does it have on the people who seek it out (for all we know it may stop from going out raping women. Seems improbable, but who knows).

cian