Live Nude Girls Unite!Mitchell Bros.

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Mar 17 17:43:07 PST 2002

> My observations also lead me to wonder the same thing.
> I was friends with a couple of the girls who work at
> Mitchell Brothers Theater here in San Francisco. A
> female friend of mine was actually a close friend of
> these girls and that is how I got to know them. The
> girls I knew were all confused about what they were
> doing...on the one hand they seemed to get some sense
> of self-esteem from it, but I sensed that it was a
> very hollow self-esteem. However, the girls I knew
> had little in the way of employable skills and they
> made super-big bucks at this place. They felt bad
> deep-down about what they were doing, but found it
> hard to give up a rich lifestyle to go and work in a
> restaurant.
>
> Thomas

In my younger Indianapolis days, my uncle managed a strip bar, The Harem House -- not quite in the same league as the prestigious Mitchell Brothers Theater (Hunter Thompson's favorite!), but not a dump. I got to know some of the dancers and hung out with them between sets. To a woman they despised and looked down on the customers. "Losers!" they'd say before acting as if they wanted to fuck the guys. They all did pretty well financially, but they had dreams beyond stripping, and saw that as a way to finance it. One beautiful black woman said she wanted to be a "Solid Gold" dancer, and was saving to move to LA. A gorgeous blonde woman was saving her money for her son. And so on. They were just working stiffs, working real stiffs for fast money.

DP