poll

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Sun Mar 17 18:11:19 PST 2002

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Could it be that the turnout
> would be small, showing that almost no one gives a shit about the issue
> except you and "the always-angry Mr Budge," as Ravi so accurately put it?

ouch! put me in the line of fire!! ;-) mr. budge, i hope the fact that i was agreeing with you will soften the blow of your response ;-).

> I should just shut this fucking thing down. I'd get more work done, and
> have to endure less crap in my life.

i am new to this list, but a bit old to running lists, so forgive my butting my head in to urge you not to let flamewars get you down. a whole lot of people, i am sure including the good sui.generis, appreciate the list and your effort to run it. now that folks have worked out the agression, no doubt induced by watching too much porn over the weekend ;-), why not some constructive steps? marco has already suggested pre-processing mail before it hits the archives, to obscure addresses. perhaps a suitable word of caution in the list welcome message and the web page might also be helpful.

but perhaps i speak naively unaware of the larger philosophical issues... in which case, forgive the interruption and on with the festivities,

--ravi