al-Qaeda and Taliban

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Sun Mar 17 22:23:14 PST 2002

|| From: "Charles Jannuzi"

|| Islamic state that does battle with the decadent West.<<

|| The Taliban of Afghanistan could be judged as fellow

|| extremists, but they

|| are Deobandi, not Wahabbi. Nor is the supposed Wahabbi

|| influence among the

|| Afghan Arabs very well documented or understood.

Aren't you splitting hairs Charles? Deoband and Wahhabi "Islam" come from the same source: British divide-and-rule imperialism. They were invented by British intelligence and moderate Moslems despise both. The madrassas where the Taliban-to-be war orphans were cooped up were Deobandi to begin with but Saudi money ensured they inculcated Wahhabi rules. ObL and Saudi money always kept the Taliban in the Wahhabi camp. E.g. when they announced they were going to blow up the Buddhas, authorities in Iran and Egypt pleaded for tolerance but a delegation from Saudi ensured the sentence was carried out.

|| What strikes me most about the profile of the perps of 9-11 is that they

|| presented a 'pro-west' ME (elite S.A., Egypt ) , military-like

|| profile (one

|| wonders if they showed military orders cut in Jeddah or Egypt

|| on arrival for

|| 'training' in the US) and that their largely self-contained ,

|| need-to-know

|| network and handlers (maybe one per team?) must have linked the ME with

|| Western Europe to the US.

There's an article here that provides more background: http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/062/nation/Why_bin_Laden_plot_relied_on_Sa udi_hijackersP.shtml

According to the above, the Saudi S11 jihadists came from a growing pool of career-frustrated angry young men. Many of them trained at U.S. bases:

http://www.madcowprod.com/index6.html (...) Three days after the WTC disaster, Newsweek, the Washington Post and the Knight Ridder newspapers reported claims that five of the terrorist hijackers in the Sept 11 attacks received training at secure U.S. military installations during the 1990s. The reports also claimed three of the terrorists had listed their address as the Naval Air Station in Pensacola, Fla., and had participated in military exchange programs for foreign officers at the Pensacola Naval Air Station in Florida. (...) So it appears certain that at least some of the previous denials have been rendered inoperative, and that a list exists in the Defense Dept which names Sept 11 terrorists who received training at U.S. military facilities, a list the Pentagon is in no hurry to make public. (...)

About the controllers: The only guy nabbed so far with connections to Atta is Imadeddin Yarkas, part of the Abu Dahdah cell in Madrid. Judge Garzon says the cell's been recruiting like crazy in Peshawar and is also connected to Finsbury Park. The interesting part is that they're mostly from Syria, the terrorism subcontractor for Israel and the US. http://www.time.com/time/europe/eu/printout/0,9869,185750,00.html

Hakki