al-Qaeda and Taliban

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Mon Mar 18 07:57:20 PST 2002

Your unfailing ability to drown the clearest political issues in pseudoscholarly obscurantism never ceases to amaze me. I click on the link for Jean Rosenfeld's treatrise, and I get a faceful of utter idealist hogwash, peppered with your fetish concept "millenialism". No mention of Saudi Arabia, no mention of Pakistan, no mention of the political and economic conditions creating the recruits for Saudi Wahhabism, the hatred created by US and Israeli hegemony, the Saudi corruption bolstered by the US military aegis, the use of Wahhabist militants as cannon fodder in the US's war against communism, just as they had been used by Great Britain against the Ottoman Empire, not a word of all this. All there is is a bunch of idealist, metaphysical claptrap about how millenialist beliefs make people crazy, and a bunch of cites of other worthless gasbags who will no doubt repay the favor in widening circles of mediocrity, swamping out any critical or - heaven forbid - Marxist thought.

Hakki