game theory fails a test

BARTELBYVQF at cs.com BARTELBYVQF at cs.com
Mon Mar 18 16:01:23 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/18/02 12:52:36 PM, dhenwood at panix.com writes:

<< Holt says the purpose of the paper was to "shock theorists into seeing situations where game theory doesn't work." Without insights from behavioral economics and other fields, pure game theory can be a beautiful minefield.

It's my understanding that in game-theory tic tac toe simulations are considered state of the art. I think that to make game theory work it requires more complicated rules, as in chess for example where an person's choices are limited. Even a post-novice person playing go can beat any simulations out there because of the simplicity of the rules and the number of variables a person has to choose from. mcapri