Brock

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Mon Mar 18 20:04:38 PST 2002

>>> Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and
>>> bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the
>>> Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of
>>> democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
>>>
>>> Harry Lyme

"Gordon Fitch":
> > Was it not in Switzerland that Albert Einstein worked out
> > the theories of Relativity and published the papers which
> > won him the Nobel Prize? Some cuckoo clock!

Ian Murray:
> Lets not forget Albert Hoffman and all those other fine Swiss
> chemists.

Ah, yes.

http://www.erowid.org/culture/characters/hofmann_albert.shtml

"And so the switches were thrown, and I found myself engaged

in a field of study that would become the main theme of my

professional career. I have never forgotten the creative joy,

the eager anticipation I felt in embarking on the study of

ergot alkaloids, at that time a relatively uncharted field of

research."

-- Gordon