al-Qaeda and Taliban

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Tue Mar 19 00:59:08 PST 2002

Jannuzi:
>Again, the connection with overseas operations would appear to be very
>weakly supported by any evidence, as you might expect. They might at least
>offer another overdubbed home video to fake their case or something.

PK in reply:

>The Times had another feature on it today >(did you bother reading the
entire
>article from yesterday or do you have your >mind made up?) What they found,
>and of course I take what the Times says >with a little, okay a lot of,
salt, what
>they found is that Osama bin Laden and his >lieutenants were fantastic
>organizers. They were bringing together >different groups from all over.
Only if
>the left had some guys like that. The big >mistake was to underestimate and
>piss off the lone superpower. Otherwise, >who knows, maybe they could have
>beaten the Northern Alliance and taken >over Pakistan from within and then
>go and nuke India or somebody.

Not trying to box you in here, but made my mind up about what? And OBL was a great organizer? No kidding!

Specifically I was talking about the overseas operation that pulled off 9-11. They can't identify who the perps were properly. They can't explain how they all got into the US so easily. The network goes from NA to Europe to near ME. And so on and so on.

As for pissing off the only superpower, well OBL apparently did that long before 9-11. Bush, Cheney and Powell were planning a major operation there to begin with--always a good way to get the complacent masses thinking about why you should rule anyway.

My mind is made up that this was an unprecedented military and intelligence blunder and the US is not yet ready for any real accountability.

As for criteria to mini-nuke, when the bombs drop on the US, Germany, UK, SA, UAE, and Egypt, well, then I'll believe you dude.

As for the perps profile, Berlet's sources belong in a Woody Allen parody of thought after 9-11, but I doubt if Manhattan is ready yet. I think Hakki and I are getting pretty close.

Charles J