al-Qaeda and Taliban

Cian cian_oconnor at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 19 06:23:47 PST 2002

--- Charles Jannuzi <jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp>
> Again, nothing that I've seen so far connects the
> main of the Taliban
> movement with 9-11. Hell, it's easier to connect
> Bush to 9-11 than the
> Taliban (though more likely a colossal fuck-up they
> are now riffing wildly
> on than any master plan).

Its bollocks, the whole fucking thing is total bollocks. They're fighting Pashtun gureillas and Checheans who seem more interested in getting US troops (and proxy forces with designs on their land) out. Meanwhile the Arabs seem to have mostly escaped. The whole thing is starting to sound like Vietnam. Millitary advisors, proxy armies, ludicrous body counts (sure hundreds dead, and they can't produce more than a few bodies), high "collateral damage" due to indifference about civillian deaths. I imagine the US will pull out eventually, though given the pride invested into this, who knows?