Live Nude Girls Unite! Re: Dicks & dough

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Mar 19 06:43:10 PST 2002

>Yoshie,
>
>I'm not sure why you appended the story of the Lusty Lady organizing
>efforts to my porn reply.
>
>There isn't a word you've written regarding the porn issue that I
>disagree with.
>
>Joanna

Miss Mary Ann's essay supports your opinion that the sex industry produces assembly-line orgasms. Sex work is just work (much of it manual labor), as far as sex workers are concerned, whatever stereotypes (e.g., the whore with a heart of gold, the heroine for libertarian feminism, the victim of child abuse, etc.) about sex workers clients, academics, social workers, etc. may entertain. Most women get into the sex industry simply to earn more money than they could otherwise.

Also, I wanted to plug the documentary _Live Nude Girls Unite!_ (written and directed by Julia Query and Vicky Funari): <http://www.livenudegirlsunite.com/film.html>. There is another interesting movie (fiction) about the sex industry (this one set in an upscale brothel in Manhattan): _Working Girls_ (Dir. Lizzie Borden, 1987). Worth checking out. -- Yoshie