PEE WARS

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 19 14:14:31 PST 2002

> March 19, 2002
> > Supreme Court Hears Arguments on Student Drug
> > Tests
> > By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
> > Filed at 1:06 p.m. ET
>
> And sadly, you can no longer by clean urine to pass
> drug tests in South Carolina anymore...

I know nothing of the law but it has always seemed to me that these urine tests violate the 4th Amendment:

<<The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated,>>

If I have the right to be secure in my persons, houses and effects, it would seem that I have the right to be secure in my body against unreasonable searches and seizures. No?

Luckily no company here in Silicon Valley that I have worked for requires a urine test...I think Silicon Valley would immediately have to fire a lot of people if they implemented such a silly rule.

-Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx