al-Qaeda and Taliban

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Tue Mar 19 19:23:59 PST 2002

Hi,

OK, let me get this straight. You make fun of my sources and cites on Islamic fundamentalism, until I actually paste sections of them into a post, and then you say you knew it all along, even though what I paste contradicts what you previously posted.

So, that's clever...but essentially petty and dishonest.

And what is the point that you are trying to make? That there is no connection between Islamic fundamentalism and the 9/11 attacks? Or are you jumping in with Hakki's thesis that it is all a CIA/Mossad conspiracy? Who really controlled the airplanes? I knew there was another key to the ice cream locker...

Or is it possible to be critical of Islamic fundamentalism and still think U.S. imperialism is bad and the bombing only made matters worse. Why does it have to be an either or proposition?

And I looked back at your posts on Islamic fundamentalism, and think the articles I posted on the PRA web page make more sense. I don't have to make snide attacks on your sources to think mine are more persuasive. Why do you you think you and Hakki have a need to stomp on serious research to argue your ideas? What is this need to trash serious scholars and claim serious Marxists are not "real" Marxists?

-Chip