al-Qaeda and Taliban

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Tue Mar 19 22:34:07 PST 2002

|| From: Chip Berlet

|| Please enlighten me. What are the major flaws in the article:

|| Islam and the Theology of Power

|| by Khaled Abou El Fadl

El Fadl is no different from the other flake on your list that I menioned bec he ignores the historical conditions that created Wahhabism. Wahhabism is very much part of contemporary history. It started out as British imperialist psyops and has been used since by SA and its ally the US for propping up the Saudi regime, destabilisation of regional rivals, and proxy wars. Anyone who pretends all that doesn't exist and that Wahhabism just somehow popped up out of the blue is beneath contempt.

How about standing up for that other piece of metaphysical trash by watsisface, "Terror As the Hand of God", that you saw fit to put at the top of your page?

|| From: Charles Jannuzi

|| When the so-called serious scholars become list participants,

|| then I'll read

|| them on LBO List. Until then it just seems like you trying to

|| take over a

|| thread you know next to nothing about. So sign up one of your

|| sources to LBO

|| list and let them waste their time with you.

|| Charles Jannuzi

No, not that, please! The place'll be crawling with those "it's all a milennialist sect" voodoo priests. One fruitcake is enough for me, thank you.

|| From: Naji Dahi

|| I agree. There is a lot of fibbing going on. The fact that the US forces

|| could not produce more than 20 dead fighters from the

|| Shah-e-Kot area means

|| one of two things to me:

|| 1. The initial claim that there were close to a thousand fighters

|| concentrated in the area is bogus. (...)

|| 2. I read a report that there is a local afghan son of a

|| mujahid named Saif

|| Rasul Rahman who was actually leading the opposition of Hamid

|| Karazi's govt

|| in Eastern Afghanistan. I suspect that the whole campaign was

|| designed to

|| discipline Rahman.

I totally agree, and thanks for the info. Don't have time to dig up the sources but US military have again performed miserably at Shah-e-kot. Canadian snipers got most of the kills and _they_ were almost wiped out by friendly fire from a US Apache. Now US central command is calling in 1700 British commandos as its own troops have proven useless.

Hakki