Open Letter To Foreign Tourists Visiting Nepal

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Wed Mar 20 19:27:07 PST 2002

A welcome fact of the revolutionary war taking place in Nepal is that although, tragically, several thousand Nepalese have lost their lives. there are no reports of serious injury to any tourists. In the recent intensification of the conflict the airport for the Everest region (Lukla) is reported to have lost its control tower, and very heavy fighting has taken place (at Salleri) a couple of hours walk away from the main trekking trail into the Everest region. The following letter from the revolutionary leadership addressed to prospective tourists is therefore of particular interest to friends of Nepal.

john mage