It's official: No military action against Iraq (beyond the usual perpetual bombing)

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Thu Mar 21 09:57:57 PST 2002

Sandbagging alert!! I for one recall all the awed descriptions of the Iraqi military by the Pentagon, before they went in and cleaned their clock.

I noticed a leak or announcement, I don't know which, about a month ago to the effect that it would take six months for the U.S. to restock its inventory of munitions, including 'smart' bombs, to the point where it was equipped to invade Iraq. That plus the following tells me there is a 20% chance the U.S. invades tomorrow morning.

mbs