Green insincerity

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Thu Mar 21 21:31:09 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Heartfield" <Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk>

>Nathan, Miles and Doug all protest that I must be wrong about global
>warming, but in all seriousness, if they believed one per cent of the
>predictions of impending environmental disaster WOULDN'T THEY FEEL
>OBLIGED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

BTW in thirteen years of owning a car, I drove less than 75,000 miles including moving three times back and forth across the country. Don't own a car now since I use public transit.

So I do quite a bit on the individualistic basis myself, but I recognize that given the stupid public policy of development in the US, many people don't have the option to drive so little. So we need more collective solutions.

-- Nathan Newman