Chechnya and Russian ultra-right

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Fri Mar 22 08:33:23 PST 2002

I _think_ the trial got put off for some time in part over a long letter of complaint written by French literati. I posted the eXile article on the case a while back.

I have never read the novel, but Limonov is extremely entertaining.

Speaking of books and Russia, I discovered the other day that the first time the Russian word for "fuck" was printed legally in the country was in 1989!! In the Russian translation of "Ulysses," Molly Bloom's monologue in fact.

Chris Doss The Russia Journal ---------------------------

Michael Pugliese wrote:

Finally, is Edward Limonov, on trial yet? (His novel, "It's Me, Eddie!, " published in translation here by Grove Press in the early 80's is funny as fuck.) Michael Pugliese