perversely wrong

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 22 11:38:23 PST 2002

>For the record, I have to say that I have a soft spot
>for Posner....for all his faults, he still saw fit to
>reverse a 20 year old murder conviction.
>
>eric

Oh, I am a great fan of Posner's, my boss (a liberal district court judge), my friends at the court and in the Guild call me a "Posnerphile" (with great disgust); he's my favorite legal theorist, and I think he's an excellent judge from a technical legal point of you. As you suggest, he is capable of a sense of justice. He's also pretty easy to talk to if you have something to say. I drop in and chat with him now and then. He acknowledged me in a paper of his on which I wrote some comments, right between Martha Nussbaum and Cass Sunstein! Still. all the things I say about him critically are true.

jks