It's official: No military action against Iraq (beyond theusualperpetual bombing)

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Fri Mar 22 12:13:57 PST 2002

|| -----Original Message-----

|| From: Max Sawicky

|| no invasion, obviously.

|| I should give up trying to be subtle.

|| It isn't working for me.

Nonono, wrong adjective Fred Flintstone is subtle. Ronald Reagan is subtle. Try blatant, vociferous, clamorous.

Max: Sandbagging alert!! I for one recall all the awed descriptions of the Iraqi military by the Pentagon, before they went in and cleaned their clock.

I noticed a leak or announcement, I don't know which, about a month ago to the effect that it would take six months for the U.S. to restock its inventory of munitions, including 'smart' bombs, to the point where it was equipped to invade Iraq. That plus the following tells me there is a 20% chance the U.S. invades tomorrow morning. ---------------------------------------------------------------- Like the US admin looking silly after its premature declarations of war , Max beats his chest, then beats a hasty retreat.

Hakki