time to pay up

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Mar 22 12:38:16 PST 2002

star.matrix at verizon.net wrote:

>freemail services will likely be heading toward paid service as
>advertisers pull ads and spam control costs rise...

As a "listowner," I gotta tell you these free services generally suck. Their memory allocations are generally so small that things bounce back at me like crazy. Even worse is when someone automatically forwards list mail from the subscribed address to a free service, and the free service bounces the mail back. Sometimes it's impossible to figure out who the perp is to unsub him or her.

Doug